Sintsov Gleb Vladimirovich, Doctor of juridical sciences, professor, head of sub-department of private and public law, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Likhter Pavel Leonidovich, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of private and public law, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. Extremism, being one of the most difficult problems of our time, has a destabilizing effect on interethnic, inter-confessional, inter-religious relations, and poses a threat to the full-fledged development of the state. Some areas of activity for its resolution are associated with the improvement of existing legislation and the development of legal institutions to combat extremism. However, an acceptable level of security and tolerance in society cannot be guaranteed by a normative legal act. For this, objective conditions are needed to achieve integrated activities based on a deep understanding of the basic socio-economic and philosophical-legal categories.
Materials and methods. The article analyzes the scientific literature on the research topic.
Results. In the field of countering extremism, the philosophical and legal issues of taking into account public interests in existing laws do not lose relevance. This is explained by the fact that heterogeneous values, after being fixed by the current legislation, are ordered, built into a certain system of multilevel ties. After formalizing a certain system of values, social relations are influenced by the coercive force of the law and develop in accordance with applicable legal norms. Thus, the catalog of constitutional-legal values affects the legal consciousness of the population, which, in turn, changes the behavior of people in accordance with the interests of the whole society.
Conclusions. To summarize, we can draw the following preliminary conclusions. 1) One of the main causes of extremism today is the radical personal positioning due to the deformation of the hierarchy of value systems in society. 2) The unequivocal priority of individual interests over public interests, established by applicable law, does not always correspond to the aspirations that have developed in society and requires careful analysis by a wide range of specialists. 3) Overcoming the axiological crisis of modern society by comprehending a number of philosophical and legal categories is one of the ways to prevent extremism.
extremism, youth extremism, counteraction to extremism, axiology of law, philosophy of law, constitutional and legal values
1. Sintsov G. V., Agutin A. V. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2016, no. 1 (37), pp. 5–10. [In Russian]
2. Horney Karen. The Neurotic Personality of our Time. New York: WW Norton & Company INC Publishers, 1994, 256 p.
3. Freyd Z. «Ya» i «Ono». Izbrannye raboty [“The I” and “The It”. Selected works]. Transl. by L. Gollerbakh. Mosсow: Yurayt, 2019, 165 p. [In Russian]
4. Jung Carl Gustav. The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious. Trans. by R. F. C. Hull. 2nd ed. Princeton: Princeton University Press, 1969, 568 p.
5. Efanova E. V. Vlast' [Power]. 2011, no. 8, pp. 30–33. [In Russian]
6. Dil' V. A. Izvestiya Tomskogo politekhnicheskogo universiteta [Proceedings of Tomsk Polytechnical University]. 2009, no. 6, pp. 167–170. [In Russian]
7. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2002, 29 Jul., no. 30, art. 3031. [In Russian]
8. The website of the Capgemini’s Financial Services. Available at: https://www.worldwealthreport.com (accessed May16, 2018).
9. Norway’s human rights appeal over the prison conditions of Anders Breivik – explained. Available at: https://www.thelocal.no/20170112/norways-human-rights-appealover-the-prison-conditions-of-anders-breivik-explained (accessed May16, 2018).
10. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 2016, 4 Jan., no. 1 (pt. II), art. 212. [In Russian]
11. Vestnik Mera i Pravitel'stva Moskvy [Bulletin of the Mayor and the Government of Moscow]. 2010, 27 Apr., no. 24. [In Russian]
12. Platon. Sobranie sochineniy: v 4 t.; per. s drevnegrech. [Collected works: in 4 volumes; translation from ancient Greek]. Moscow: Mysl', 1994, vol. 3, 654 p. [In Russian]